Mark 15: 42-47
The Burial of Jesus
42) When it was already evening, because it was preparation day (that is, the day before the Sabbath),
43) Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Sanhedrin who was himself looking forward to the kingdom of God, came and boldly went in to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body.
44) Pilate was surprised that He was already dead. Summoning the centurion, he asked him whether He had already died.
45) When he found out from the centurion, he gave the corpse to Joseph.
46) After he bought some fine linen, he took Him down and wrapped Him in the linen. Then he placed Him in a tomb cut out of the rock, and rolled a stone against the entrance to the tomb.
47) Now Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses were watching where He was placed.
Mark 16: 1-8
1) When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, so they could go and anoint Him.
2) Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they went to the tomb at sunrise.
3) They were saying to one another, “Who will roll away the stone from the entrance to the tomb for us?”
4) Looking up, they observed that the stone—which was very large—had been rolled away.
5) When they entered the tomb, they saw a young man[a] dressed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; they were amazed and alarmed.
6) “Don’t be alarmed,” he told them. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has been resurrected! He is not here! See the place where they put Him.
7) But go, tell His disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you to Galilee; you will see Him there just as He told you.’”
8) So they went out and started running from the tomb, because trembling and astonishment overwhelmed them. And they said nothing to anyone, since they were afraid.