Refuge in the Lord
For the choir director. Davidic.
1) I have taken refuge in the Lord.
How can you say to me,
“Escape to the mountain like a bird!
2) For look, the wicked string the bow;
they put the arrow on the bowstring
to shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart.
3) When the foundations are destroyed,
what can the righteous do?”
4) The Lord is in His holy temple;
the Lord’s throne is in heaven.
His eyes watch; He examines everyone.
5) The Lord examines the righteous and the wicked.
He hates the lover of violence.
6) He will rain burning coals and sulfur on the wicked;
a scorching wind will be their portion.
7) For the Lord is righteous; He loves righteous deeds.
The upright will see His face.