Coronation of the Son
1) Why do the nations rebel
and the peoples plot in vain?
2) The kings of the earth take their stand,
and the rulers conspire together
against the Lord and His Anointed One
3) “Let us tear off their chains
and free ourselves from their restraints.”
4) The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord ridicules them.
5) Then He speaks to them in His anger
and terrifies them in His wrath:
6) “I have consecrated My King
on Zion, My holy mountain.”
7) I will declare the Lord’s decree:
He said to Me, “You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.
8) Ask of Me,
and I will make the nations Your inheritance
and the ends of the earth Your possession.
9) You will break them with a rod of iron;
You will shatter them like pottery.
10) So now, kings, be wise;
receive instruction, you judges of the earth.
11) Serve the Lord with reverential awe
and rejoice with trembling.
12) Pay homage tom the Son or Hen will be angry
and you will perish in your rebellion,
for His anger may ignite at any moment.
All those who take refuge in Him are happy.