Psalms 8 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
1 Yahweh, our Lord, how magnificent is Your name throughout the earth!
You have covered the heavens with Your majesty.
2) Because of Your adversaries,
You have established a stronghold
from the mouths of children and nursing infants
to silence the enemy and the avenger.
3) When I observe Your heavens,
the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which You set in place,
4) what is man that You remember him,
the son of man that You look after him?
5) You made him little less than God
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6) You made him lord over the works of Your hands;
You put everything under his feet
7) all the sheep and oxen,
as well as the animals in the wild,
8) the birds of the sky,
and the fish of the sea
that pass through the currents of the seas.
9) Yahweh, our Lord, how magnificent is Your name throughout the earth!