who does not follow the advice of the wicked
or take the path of sinners
or join a group of mockers!
2) Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction,
and he meditates on it day and night.
3) He is like a tree planted beside streams of water
that bears its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
4) The wicked are not like this;
instead, they are like chaff that the wind blows away.
5) Therefore the wicked will not survive the judgment,
and sinners will not be in the community of the righteous.
6) For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.