Timothy and Epaphroditus
19) Now I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon so that I also may be encouraged when I hear news about you.
20) For I have no one else like-minded who will genuinely care about your interests; 21 all seek their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.
22) But you know his proven character, because he has served with me in the gospel ministry like a son with a father.
23) Therefore, I hope to send him as soon as I see how things go with me.
24) I am convinced in the Lord that I myself will also come quickly.
25) But I considered it necessary to send you Epaphroditus—my brother, coworker, and fellow soldier, as well as your messenger and minister to my need
26) since he has been longing for all of you and was distressed because you heard that he was sick.
27) Indeed, he was so sick that he nearly died. However, God had mercy on him, and not only on him but also on me, so that I would not have one grief on top of another.
28) For this reason, I am very eager to send him so that you may rejoice when you see him again and I may be less anxious.
29) Therefore, welcome him in the Lord with all joy and hold men like him in honor,
30) because he came close to death for the work of Christ, risking his life to make up what was lacking in your ministry to me.