Saturday February 24, 8:00AM, Wheelchair Ramp Project Please joing the Missions Team as we partner with Freedom Builders to build a wheelchair ramp for one of our neighbors. We're meeting at The Orchard at 8:00AM that day to caravan to the job site. If you have questions please speak to an Orchard Missions Team member.
Also: Interested in providing a warm lunch for the workers? Please contact Jill Hinson if you can help with providing lunch.
PLEASE HELP US support spreading the Gospel through PRAYER!
The Orchard Church supports worldwide missions by praying, giving, going, and sending. We strive to encourage and support these missionaries who obeyed The Lord's call to share the Gospel in a wide variety of areas--from places where there is open acceptance of God's Word to places where evangelism is viewed with hostility and antagonism.
ALL OF THESE MISSIONARIES NEED AND APPRECIATE PRAYER. Please join us in praying for those serving on the mission on field. See some helpful suggestions and scripture references below:
30 WAYS TO PRAY FOR MISSIONARIES By Elaine Helms, Prayer and Spiritual Awakening, NAMB
1. Focus on God- Pray for missionaries to stay focused on God and His plans above all else. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.” Matt. 6:33
2. Faithful Bible study- Pray for missionaries to spend much time in the Word and ask God to give them discernment. “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.” 2 Tim 2:15
3. Confession and repentance- Pray for missionaries to regularly seek examination by God and to repent from any errors that have crept into their lives. “Search me, God and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.” Ps. 139:23-24
4. Humility- Pray for missionaries to have a spirit of humility and to willingly ask God for wisdom in carrying out their assignment. “Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
5. Purity- Pray for missionaries to be so renewed by God’s Word that no sin will have dominion over them. “Make my steps steady through Your promise; don’t let sin dominate me.” Ps. 119:133
6. Boldness- Pray for boldness in the missionaries when they share the Gospel or preach. “Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel.” Eph 6:19
7. Rest- Ask God to help missionaries recognize their need for weekly rest away from ministry responsibilities. “He said to them, ‘Come away by yourselves to a remote place and rest a while’” Mark 6:31 (HCSB)
8. Guard the treasure- Pray for missionaries to stay focused on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and not be distracted by issues of the day. “Hold on to the pattern of sound teaching that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Guard, through the Holy Spirit who lives in us, that good thing entrusted to you.” 2 Tim 1:13-14
9. Give glory to God- Ask God to empower missionaries to point people to Jesus and not seek undue recognition for themselves. “In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.” Matt 5:16
10. Dependence on God- Pray for missionaries to model a life of dependence on God. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and he will guide you on the right paths.” Prov. 3:5-6
11. Gracious speech- Ask God to give missionaries the grace to know how to respond to each person. “Your speech should always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer each person.” Col 4:6
12. Spirit of unity- Pray for a spirit of unity as missionaries work together and with other ministry partners. “Now may the God of endurance and encouragement grant you agreement with one another according to Christ Jesus” Romans 15:5
13. Resist temptation- Pray for missionaries to be quick to take the escape God provides when temptation sneaks up on them. “God is faithful and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape, so that you are able to bear it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
14. Retreat with God- Pray for missionaries to take personal prayer retreats to get their direction from Him. “The Lord God has given Me the tongue of those who are instructed to know how to sustain the weary with a word . . . He awakens My ear to listen like those being instructed.” Isa. 50:4
15. Stand firm- Pray for missionaries to stand firm under affliction and to look forward to eternal glory. “For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory.” 2 Corinthians 4:17
16. Daily prayer- Ask God to help missionaries protect their time for prayer and personal meditation in God’s Word. “But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the preaching ministry.” Acts 6:4
17. Devotion to God- Pray for missionaries to maintain their devotion to Christ. “But I fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your minds may be corrupted from a complete and pure devotion to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 11:3
18. Hear God- Ask God to teach missionaries to hear His voice and follow Him. “The sheep follow him because they recognize his voice.” John 10:4
19. Boast in the Lord- Pray for missionaries to be quick to give God the credit. “So the one who boasts must boast in the Lord.” 2 Cor. 10:17
20. Direction from God- Pray for missionaries to get their direction from the Lord only. “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you for [your] benefit, who leads you in the way you should go” Isa. 48:17
21. Peace- Pray for missionaries to give all their anxious thoughts to God and rest in His peace. “Don’t worry about anything, but, in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
22. Prayer support- Pray for missionaries to enlist personal prayer support and ask God to call faithful intercessors to respond. “So Peter was kept in prison, but prayer was being made earnestly to God for him by the church.” Acts 12:5
23. Strong marriages- Pray for marriages of missionaries to be strong and healthy. “Husbands, in the same way, live with your wives with understanding of their weaker nature yet showing them honor as co-heirs of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.” 1 Peter 3:7
24. Eyes to see like Jesus- Ask God to give missionaries eyes to see as He sees and empower them to love the unlovely, the rejected, and the outcasts as Jesus did. Man does not see what the Lord sees, for man sees what is visible, but the Lord sees the heart.” 1 Sam. 16:7b
25. Express love- Pray for missionaries to model loving God completely and others as themselves. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Mark 12:30
26. Hunger for God- Ask God to give missionaries a hunger and thirst for Him and His word. But solid food is for the mature—for those whose senses have been trained to distinguish between good and evil.” Heb. 5:14
27. Persistence- Pray for endurance, stamina and pacing for missionaries to insure long-term, fruitful ministry. “I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 3:14
28. Team spirit- Ask God to build strong teams among missionaries working together so that He gets the glory. “So then neither the one who plants no the one who waters I anything, but only God who gives the growth . . . For we are God’s co-workers . . .” 1 Cor. 3: 7-9
29. Obedience- Pray for missionaries to love and obey God, and to be known for their dependability to obey regardless of outside pressure. “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.” John 14:15
30. Sacrifice of holy living- Ask God to empower missionaries to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. “…I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of you mind…” Rom. 12:1-2
(All scripture taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible)
To the glory of God, and for the love of people...
October 2017 - Annual Car Care Clinic for single parents: free oil change, vehicle inspection, and interior vacuuming/cleaning for 22 single parents, plus free winterwear givaway.
August 2017 - Orchard members served with Freedom Builders on home repair projects for people in the Leelanau and north TC area. Learn more at: http://www.fbmissions.org/ August 2017 - The Orchard sent a team to Sault Ste. Marie Michigan to share the Gospel and hand out backpacks filled with school supplies.
June 2017 - Pastor Nathan and his Crosstalk Global team coached pastors in Vietnam to more effectively preach and teach the word of God. For more info: http://www.crosstalkglobal.org/
March 2017 - Children's Ministry Day The Orchard hosted children ages 1st - 6th grade who learned about missions and sharing the Gospel. They baked bread for local fire/rescue workers.
December 2016 The Orchard helped local families have a Merry Christmas by giving them gifts from their wish lists. November 20, 2016 We went out into the community to hand out Thanksgiving gift certificates and share the gospel of Jesus Christ door-to-door.
November 13, 2016 The doors of the church were opened for a simulcast viewing of The Insanity of God.
October 8, 2016 5th Annual Single Parents Car Care Clinic and Winter Outerwear Giveaway: The Orchard and Auto Tech of Kingsley partnered to give free oil changes, vehicle inspections, and winter outerwear to 29 single parent families.
August 10-14, 2016 Ironwood, MI Prayer Walk, Block Party, concert, and backpack/school supplies giveaway. Many people were blessed! We plan to continue this type of ministry in other places. Watch for more information.
July 19-23, 2016 Orchard members worked with Freedom Buildersand other churches to help local families with urgent home repairs. The Orchard kitchen was home base for the lunch prep crew. We helped Freedom Builders prepare & deliver lunches daily to workers on site. We ended Freedom Builders Week by hosting the Celebration Service on July 23.
May/June 2016 - Pastor Nathan traveled to Vietnam and spent 3 weeks working with pastors there to help them develop more effective preaching.
Many Orchard members collected donations for the Annual Baby Bottle Boomerang to support thePregnancy Care Center of Traverse City.
June 3-4 -Prayer Walk at Sault Ste. Marie Reservation.
May 2016 - The Orchard gave out carnations purchased from thePregnancy Care Center of Traverse City to support their services to women in the area.
Traverse Heights Elementary - Orchard members and Traverse Heights parents prayed together while walking the Traverse Heights neighborhood. Later that week Orchard members worked at the Traverse Heights Carnival, bringing cotton candy, popcorn, snow cones, the bounce house, and the big slide.
April 2016 - Several members attended Northwest/Pines Evangelism Training at Bambi Lake Retreat and Conference Center. We learned to use the tool "3 CIRCLES: LIFE CONVERSATION" and received training to help us be more effective when serving The Lord and our neighbors.
January 2016 - The Orchard opened her doors to the community for a free screening of Up and Toy Story.
ADOPT-A-FAMILY - CHRISTMAS 2015 January 9, 2016: The Orchard partnered with Freedom Builders to provide a home wheelchair ramp for a local family. November 28 - December 13: The Orchard fulfilled Christmas wish lists for some local families.
October 2015 - 4th Annual Single Parents Car Care Clinic and Winter Outerwear Giveaway: The Orchard and Auto Tech of TC partnered to give free oil changes, vehicle inspections, and winter outerwear to 36 single parent families.
September 2015 - Evening of Prayer August 2015 - Movie Nights The Orchard opened its doors four Fridays to host free viewings of Cars, Frozen, The Prince of Egypt, and The Chronicles of Narnia.
August 2015 - Disaster Relief Southern Baptist Disaster Relief was housed at The Orchard Church to help remove trees after the tornado in Glen Arbor. The North West Baptist Association of churches also helped provide meals for the team.
July 2015 - Freedom Builders Week We partnered with Freedom Builders and area churches to help our neighbors repair their homes. We also hosted a celebration Saturday evening!
June 2015 - The Orchard Church sent Pastor Nathan's to Vietnam with Cross Talk Global to help train local pastors.
May 2015 - We partnered with Traverse Heights Elementary PTO to help put on a fantastic school carnival. Many Orchard members worked at various stations or donated baked goods.
December 2014 - Adopt-A-Family The Orchard Church family worked with local schools and agencies to provide Christmas gifts for several area families.
October 2014 -3rd Annual Car Care Clinic for Single Parents: Free oil change, car inspection and interior vacuuming, and children's winter apparel giveaway. In partnership with AutoTech of TC.
July 2014 - Freedom Builders Week
December 2013 - Adopt a Family The Orchard Church family worked with local schools and foster care agencies to provide Christmas gifts for several area families.
Fall 2013 - partnered with Auto-Tech for our 2nd annual Free Oil Change for single parents..
Rake-n-Run – November 2013 The Orchard Church raked lawns of local families in need of this help.
August 17 and 22, 2013 - hosted two back to school clothing giveaways. Everyone went away with bags of clothes! We also gave away even more clothing at the Oil Change Event September 28 and October 12!
July 9-13 2013 - The Orchard Church partnered with Freedom Builders and area churches to serve our neighbor's physical and spiritual needs.
June 2013 - We hosted an "Athens" Vacation Bible School at our facilities!
May 2013 - The Orchard Church partnered under Freedom Builders to help put a roof on a neighbor's home.
April 2013 - Six children were sponsored in an ongoing capacity through Compassion International at the Orchard Church.
December 2012 - gathered and delivered presents to fulfill Christmas wish lists for three local families.
November 2012 - The Orchard Church raked leaves for neighbors in need.
October 2012 - The Orchard partnered with Auto-Tech for two weekends to offer single parents a free oil change, and hold an outdoor children’s winter apparel giveaway. We helped over 40+ individuals.
July 2012 - partnered with Freedom Builders and helped build two wheel chair ramps for our neighbors.[insert pictures]
June 2012 - The Orchard Church and Bay Pointe Commuity Church partnered with Freedom Builders to paint homes, build roofs and share the love of Jesus with our neighbors.
May 2012 - our first team-up with Freedom Builders to help begin the conversion of a garage into a room!
December 2012 - teamed up with a local school and Bethany Adoption Services to provide Christmas presents for our neighbors.
Summer 2011 - hosted free Vacation Bible School for our neighbors.
August 2010 - missions trip to Cairo, IL to help renovate plumbing, flooring and homes.
Summer 2010 - hosted a free VBS for our neighbors.
2009 - prayer walk and assist SBC church plant in inner city Grand Rapids.
Summer 2009 - Trip to Mound City, IL. to paint and re-roof a house, clear yards of storm debris, and help host VBS at First Missionary Baptist Church, Mound City.
2009-2010 - hosting some church services at Birchwood nursing home.
2008 - outreach ministry to Tendercare nursing home.
Summer 2007 - Mission trip to Kenya
2006 - The Orchard Church helped build the bunk beds for the Goodwill Inn.