Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ:
1) To the temporary residents dispersed in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, chosen
2) according to the foreknowledge of God the Father and set apart by the Spirit for obedience and for sprinkling with the blood of Jesus Christ.
May grace and peace be multiplied to you.
A Living Hope
3) Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4) and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5) You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
6) You rejoice in this, though now for a short time you have had to struggle in various trials
7) so that the genuineness of your faith—more valuable than gold, which perishes though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
8) You love Him, though you have not seen Him. And though not seeing Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy,
9) because you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
10) Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that would come to you searched and carefully investigated.
11) They inquired into what time or what circumstances the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating when He testified in advance to the messianic sufferings and the glories that would follow.
12) It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you. These things have now been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Angels desire to look into these things.