A Plea for Deliverance
For the choir director. A Davidic psalm.
1) Lord, how long will You forget me?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2) How long will I store up anxious concerns within me,
agony in my mind every day?
How long will my enemy dominate me?
3) Consider me and answer, Lord my God.
Restore brightness to my eyes;
otherwise, I will sleep in death.
4) My enemy will say, “I have triumphed over him,”
and my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.
5) But I have trusted in Your faithful love;
my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance.
6) I will sing to the Lord
because He has treated me generously.